Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dumpling of my eye (yes, you, Lan Zhou)

Tonight I boiled the frozen dumplings I had purchased from Lan Zhou.

To tell you the truth, I never knew there was a correct process to boil dumplings.  I thought you just put them in the pot and boil them for several minutes.

That is not the correct way.
(but thank goodness for Google!)

So doing a quick Google search "how to boil frozen dumplings" yields this link, and this was the technique I used, because he is the Dumpling Man after all.

And you know what.
They came out perfectly boiled!
Don't doubt the Dumpling Man!

Now, Diana believes 8 dumplings does not consistute a meal, but I assure you, it is an ample amount of food !
You be the judge!




The 8 dumplings were definitely satisfying.

And!
Totally left enough room for my Choux cream puff for dessert. Muahahaha.

And just in case you wonder what else I eat when I'm home, here is some fried rice I made earlier this week.  Okay.  It's stereotypical, but come on.  I cooked it !  And Chinese sausage is so delicious!
 

Jasmine rice + chinese sausage + Le Sueur peas (super tiny and super sweet! but unfortunately a drab green)

Later, gators!

Lan Zhou Hand Pulled Noodles
144 E Broadway
New York, NY

1 comment:

  1. ahhh that's how my mom cooks dumplings, too! very cool.

    also, i could eat 8 dumplings in my sleep. i need at least 15 to get me full. ;)

    ReplyDelete